Weeks (months?) ago, Caroline of Pinky’s Paperhaus tagged me for a list-meme thing, and it’s well past time I responded.
Here are the rules:
- We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
- Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
- People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
- At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
- Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
Here are eight random things about me:
1. I avoid buying clothes that require dry cleaning. This is not the result of personal environmentalism. Rather, I have discovered over the years that I’m too disorganized to get dirty clothes to the dry cleaners and pick them up.
2. Although I’ve dyed my hair a rainbow of colors over the years, I have always been happy to have been born a redhead. When I was a child, Pippi Longstocking was my hero.
3. The talent I most wish I had: singing. Both my parents sing well, my sister Katy has a beautiful voice, and everyone else in my family sounds at least fine. I’m a croaking toad.
4. If I were ever to go back to school, I would study law.
5. My family’s nickname for me as a kid was "The Encyclopedia." I was also infamous for correcting anyone’s grammar. In retrospect, I can’t understand why anyone was my friend.
6. In 1997, a friend of mine read my palm and told me that my lifeline indicates I’ll live only to age 55. Perhaps this should upset me. Instead, I find it kind of a relief, because I’m clearly not saving enough for retirement.
7. Try as I may, I can’t get myself to enjoy the music of Sonic Youth.
8. My current favorite Bob Dylan song is "Isis." This link points to lyrics that don’t match what’s on the album "Desire." I much prefer the recorded version:
She said, "Where ya been?" I said, "No place special."
She said, "You look different." I said, "Well, I guess."
She said, "You been gone." I said, "That’s only natural."
She said, "You gonna stay?" I said, "If you want me to, yes."
I shall hereby tag these people, whom I believe haven’t been tagged with this memey-thing before and who I think will not hate me too much for passing it to them:
- Susan of "One Woman Show"
- Mean Gene Bromberg
- Inner Bitch Christina (I’d ask Vanessa but I’m afraid she’d be mad)
- Mike of "Have a Good Sandwich"
- Julie Long
- Mark of "Small Streams
- Kathie of "Housewife Cafe"
- Bob of "Subdivided We Stand"
Bonus random fact about me: Note that I balanced the boys with the girls. That’s ’cause I’m a Libra.