Here’s a thought experiment: Please take a look at the following photo, and note in particular the embroidered figures on the socks, and in extra particular the colors of those figures.
How anal retentive are you?
- Would never notice the logos on the sock, nevermind their colors.
- Would notice the logos but would just put them on and get on with my exercise.
- Would notice the logos but would put the socks on anyway, and then would think about the fact that they’re mismatched for most of the run. Would get distracted about 3/4ths of the way through though, and would keep wearing the socks for a while when I god back from running.
- Would notice the logos but would put the socks on any way. Would think about the fact that they don’t match through the whole run, and it would kind of spoil the run. Would take them off as soon as I got home, but mostly because I always shower immediately after running or sweating in any manner. I get rashes easily, so I have to be careful about sweat on my skin.
- Would notice the logos and would search the entire sock drawer to find the matches to the socks. When not finding them, and also not finding any other socks that are good — there are other socks, yes, but they’re the ones that tend to slip a little in the back after about 30 minutes, and I can’t stand when that happens — would put the socks on, put on shoes, grab the keys, head out the door, and then come back within 10 minutes. Why bother exercising when the world is falling apart all around?
- Would see the logos are different colors, throw up my hands, and go to the closet to get cleaning supplies. Check back in tomorrow after I have this place back under control.